Mixelmagic (est. 2002) / Mixel’s Lab is my site for my retro computing projects and Indie game development. I post a bit of everything here. Enjoy your stay!
I’m Michael (Mixel) Dawes, an Artist and Indie developer based in Leeds, UK. I have a huge interest in retro computing (especially the Amiga platform), and my mediums of choice are: Pixel Graphics (Aseprite, Pixaki, PPaint), Digital Art (Procreate, Comic Draw) – Traditional Art (Coloured Pencils, Biro)
Creeping Me Out (Comic)
CMO is a webcomic started in 2004 – I occasionally update it and have been compiling it in print form recently, various continuations are in the works. Watch this space!
On Twitch I stream retro creative content, in PPaint, ArtEffect and other art apps like Procreate and Comic Draw on the iPad. Sometimes I play games, too!
On Youtube recently I’ve posted Amiga content, speed draws, hardware tutorials, reviews etc. I don’t have a schedule, i just update whenever.
On Discord you can come and hang out and see what I’m working on, and post your own work too! I post most here. (followed by Twitter)
Help me out?
I use Patreon for occasional news posts and as a tip jar. I don’t expect anyone to give anything, but if you want to help support me and my projects, I’d greatly appreciate it.
Perks, at this stage are undecided as they kind of depend on there being some donors, but you’ll have your name credited anywhere I can.
- CMO Hex Night Demo 1.5 – AGA!Heads up! I’ve got another demo here.. It’s functionally the same as 1.4 with a few bug fixes.. But also adds a separate AGA … Read more
- Creeping June..This is largely going to be a repost of the June update I just posted to Patreon, but I can cover some other stuff … Read more
- The frog returns!Hi all, this update is overdue, but I have to post something smaller scale or I’ll keep putting things off until I can do … Read more
- Winter’s Creeping GreetingsGood tidings! 😁 I hope you’re all well and have a great holiday period, here’s a little look at the mountain stages.. I’ll probably … Read more
- It’s a desert in here..Apologies for neglecting the blog. I should put something here! Here’s a look at the desert, in which I’ve used a some weird tricks … Read more
- Amiga Art 2021Another year, another Amiga Art Contest! (Thanks Doug and Vicky!) It was a big success so congrats to everyone who took part, and the … Read more
- WizonkMy other Amiga game in progress, Wizonk, is a 4 player platform deathmatch party game with single screen maps (think Bubble Bobble or Fuzzball) … Read more
- New Year UpdateHi again! Happy late new year! Here we’re still in lock down, and things have been pretty strange. Since the last update I’ve done … Read more
- 2019 Art PromptsEvery now and then I take part in art challenges like Inktober. I don’t prep for these beforehand, so as a result the pics … Read more
- 2020 Art PromptsEvery now and then I take part in art challenges like Inktober. I don’t prep for these beforehand, so as a result the pics … Read more